Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 26, 2012

I Hear the Train a -comin It's comin down the track

Happy Memorial Day everyone.  Not only do I wish that you have a great time with family, but hope that we all remember the ones that have gone before us.  As I get older, I see that family genetics is stronger than one thinks. Good and the Bad.  So I celebrate the good gift my family genetics has given me and hopefully the lessons that I have learned.

This Friday I went plein air painting with friends in our community.  Our subject was an old train that had been a resturant at one time.  We all have wonderful memories of eating there, but now the place was totally in shambles.  We thought we'd paint it before it was taken down.

It was a lovely day, a bit on the chilly side but I was painting- so how could it be wrong. I did warn my friends that the train did come quite frequently on these tracks.  Sure enough - ding ding ding when the road guards and here came the train.

We were all excited to have this real touch of chugga chugga choo choo.   About an hour later, here came a railroad pick-up down the track.   Hm ladys, we need  you to move!  OOOPs,  well good thing we were about done painting.  It was then off to lunch.
What a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment