Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

mother's day posting

Sunday, May 8, 2011

To All Mother's and Grandmother's

Hope everyone is enjoying their Mother's day.  I am busy gardening in our first weekend of nice lovely weather with no wind. Then off to my daughter's home to have a barbie with the family.

Blessings,  we are all so very blessed. Last week I wrote a blessing for each year of my life -- it was a pretty long list. :)  But Mother's day is another  opportunity to reflect and give graditude. 

Children,  what a blessing they are and also what a challenge. I love the way they show us the wonder of small things at their sight level.  How simple things can bring them so much joy, and also how some things can just set them off then you are busy trying to figure out WHAT it is.  Love the hugs, the dandylion bouquets, and sloppy kisses.  Love how when they learn something new, they do it again, and again, and again.  Love how when they learn something their eyes just twinkle. The power of knowledge. 

Love it when they take naps!   As even though I consider myself a very active person, their energy always out lasts mine so grandma needs to recharge.

Challenge during the teen years.  Independence is a tough journey.

I love to watch my children care for their little ones.  It makes me think that I did something right. :)

Being a mom, is one of God's blessings.  We don't have to give birth to be a mom, for there are many ways to raise, support, bring up a child.  This day it does take a village for raise a wee one.  I feel for all the lost children in the world.  They deserve to have a mom/parent take care of them, nuture them and give them a home. 

So have a lovely Mother's Day, count your blessings.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Mother's Day

Just went to Costco and saw all the beautiful flower baskets, bouquets etc for Mother's Day.  As a Grandma, I remember when my little ones would come home from School/day care with their home made gems and the smiles on their faces for having made something special.  This week at my daughter's house I saw some of those very same projects, and the big smile on my grand daughter as she so proudly showed them off to me.  Some things are just priceless.   

So Happy Mother's day to all the moms out there.  Don't let anyone fool you that a cell phone, the latest/greatest tech gadget etc will be better then a gift made from little hands and the pride they feel for offering it to you.   Relax and enjoy these moments that have been set aside for you, as they don't happen too often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment